Clear all

Apron Templates and First Video

8 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

[I just deleted the post by accident! Take note of my crazy comment, now I'm wondering...]

I had an after-thought of showing a preview of this project, but I changed up the pattern some. So I'm sewing this along with you in every sense.

Note that I get nervous doing videos, so I repeated some things in the intro. I'm not crazy, I promise. (ha.) 

ALSO, I forgot to say, seam the pocket pieces I mention this video, same as the apron 1/4". The next video and sewing session will likely be Monday. 

Here are the templates and video. 

Posted : October 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Amy H reacted
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @bessie123

Hi! Will you be posting your videos on YouTube?

Thanks!

Hi Patti,

I made an unlisted link for you (or anyone else that needs it!) It wouldn't make much sense to someone not having the templates etc. Like I've said, I should have done a preview of the apron, but I'll get better at these things 😉 Blessings, here's the link - not sure if it's processed yet. 

Posted : October 16, 2020 8:44 pm
Amy H reacted
(@working-pantry)

You did a great job on the video! I've been looking forward to getting started and now I can!  Thanks so much!

Posted : October 17, 2020 6:18 pm
Amy H and Theresa reacted
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@working-pantry Thank you! 🤗 

Posted : October 17, 2020 6:21 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Did everyone get the pattern cut out? Easy? Today, I got ahead of myself and did several videos - so tomorrow I'll edit and get the next section up which will be "Making Scallop Applique". It's turning out lovely. A little scallop preview~! I'll be explaining why I don't want it to the edges in the videos.

Posted : October 19, 2020 7:35 pm
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

That scallop is pretty! I got the pattern printed and some stash fabrics picked out. Am still waiting for my Christmasy etsy shop order to arrive.

ps- we tried your pizza dough recipe this weekend and it was a hit! rose nice and high. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Amy H

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : October 19, 2020 7:52 pm
Theresa reacted
(@working-pantry)

@annjoy, mine is cut out and I'm ready for the next step of ironing the edges.  That scallop really adds a 'pop' to the apron.  I love it!

Posted : October 20, 2020 4:53 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @bessie123

I am waiting to see why the you had the edges turned under. Very curious! 

It's really not that big of a surprise lol! The apron has a casing, so I don't want my applique mowed over in all different threads and sewing lines of different colors, I want it neat 😀 I'm getting these up shortly. I just finished school with our kids. 😊

Posted : October 20, 2020 1:07 pm
Share: