Clear all

Hashbrown Casserole (Sauce!)

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

This past Sunday morning I wanted to make something fast and was craving some good ole hashbrown casserole. 😊 I didn't have frozen hashbrowns, but I did have frozen tator tots and french fries, so, I combined them. I looked at a few recipes, and found two with ingredients that sounded good, then combined them. I'm not a huge canned soup user but found some of those creamed soups sure come in handy for fast.
This is a recipe that you can play with in terms of spice and thickness of sauce, so add the least amount of milk first and then determine if it's too thick before adding more.

I used a 10" x 15" glass casserole for our large family. 10 people
Here's the recipe:

• Frozen potatoes - As much as you need to leave room for sauce.
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 c. white onion, chopped
  • 4 1/2 - 5 c. milk
  • 2 c. sour cream
  • 1 c. shredded parmesan & asiago
  • 3 c. shredded white cheddar cheese - divided
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. pepper

Oven 400 degrees. Spray pan. The chopped onion can be mixed with the frozen potatoes or added to the sauce, the choice is yours depending on your taste. Spread the potatoes evenly and bake them until crisp, usually 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together the rest of the ingredients, setting aside 1 1/2 cups of the white cheddar for the top.
Pour the sauce over the potatoes and top with remaining cheese. Bake about 45 minutes.

This was a winner dish!

[

Posted : August 6, 2020 7:30 am
(@working-pantry)

This sounds yummy!

Posted : October 12, 2020 6:37 pm
Theresa reacted
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

I made this yesterday morning for our family, it's so good. I love that hashbrown casserole from Cracker Barrel, this is better! Let me know if you try it!

Posted : October 12, 2020 7:01 pm
Share: