Clear all

Homeschool curriculum worth looking at!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

I'm getting our new school year together, and while I'll probably share more, here are two resources I think are worth looking at. I like that both use the Charlotte Mason technique, and living books can be incorporated.

#1 is Wonder Filled Days, specifically her Nature Calendar Membership!  (two options, calendar only $1.99 a month, or all the extensions below $4.99 a month) I'm not an affiliate, just a fan. You'll get:

• An Inspiring Monthly Nature Calendar
  • A Months Worth of Nature Activities
  • Poetry
  • Art
  • Beautiful Book Recommendations
  • A Nature Tracker Chart and Matching Activity Stickers
  • Journal Pages (These will inspire you and your child to record the world around you.)

Since my kids are middle-high school now, I'm planning on tweaking the younger books for older, advancing art and poetry etc. Older children love nature study just as much as the younger! I'm starting in September, perhaps I'll come back here and list the books I've worked in, and our successes.

Also, check out her "Books We Love" - I love living book ideas.

#2 is Winter Promise. I'm going to do another post shortly. I ran out of time this morning! 😂

Posted : August 19, 2020 8:20 am
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

Thanks Theresa. The Nature looks great. We, too are CMers.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : August 25, 2020 1:39 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

I love it! Her calendar and links are very, very handy. I need a color printer now lol. I bought a laser printer for transparencies and chose black and white because of the cost. But I'm missing the color!

I'm also looking at compiling living book lists for a few subjects here. Since I'm looking at history books this week, I'll start there Smile

Posted : August 25, 2020 2:13 pm
(@heatherp)

Thanks for sharing this site. I really like the nature calendar.

Posted : September 6, 2020 12:15 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

We've been doing her monthly subscription, and her ideas are simply wonderful! She adds a reading list, and you can adjust the reading levels. Our middle school girls love her ideas. Notebooking pages, links, and everything.

Posted : September 6, 2020 12:21 pm
Share: