What I'm Using for Geography

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Holling C. Holling Collection

I was so excited to get my books today. I've seen these before and finally dug in and got them all. We'll be using them for geography this year. I also got the map sets and teacher's guide to go along with them. At first, I only got the books because I wasn't sure I would follow through but after seeing them, they are perfect in story and interest - wonderful pictures, 'shorter' chapters so there is time for map work with them. Exactly what I like in living books.

I got mine from Beautiful Feet Books - love this site! 

I got the composition books so they can do dictation, or whatever we choose to do extra or instead, for the lessons. They are perfect, very well made. Simple and sweet.

Posted : September 12, 2020 8:48 am
Amy H reacted
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

Theresa, how cool! We enjoyed that series the past couple years . The books and maps are gorgeous.  I just received shipping confirmation for my BFB Around the World with picture books volume 1 🙂 

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : September 28, 2020 8:42 pm
Theresa reacted
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@amy-harter The maps are quality! Nice and thick and BIG lol My 12th grader pawed over them, like oh, for me? 😀 Our kids love maps.

Posted : September 29, 2020 7:22 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Beautiful maps, the girls are loving this curriculum. I also use Homeschool in the Woods, Time Travelers as a base for many of my books - In the New World Explorers, the explorers in the time period of "Tree in the Trail" are perfect. We'll be making a cardstock Pueblo... fun. 

Posted : October 20, 2020 1:27 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @amy-harter

I just received shipping confirmation for my BFB Around the World with picture books volume 1  

I just recommended the same pack you mention to Jessica! Let us know how you like it.

Posted : October 20, 2020 1:28 pm
Share: