Clear all

Playful Pumpkin Patch Video for Paper Piecing

14 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Below is the video for the pumpkin paper piecing. Post any questions you have! The technique is fairly new to me, I hope you do well with it. Just post questions! We're all here!

Posted : September 2, 2020 3:03 pm
(@tjledvina)

For some reason I can't log in to get the templates but I can chat on all the other forums.  Is there some other place that I can get the templates, I was looking forward to making this table runner since it is cute.

Posted : September 3, 2020 1:41 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi Tammy,

Can you try this again? I may have found why some can and can’t get them, I used my husband as a tester – and noticed you need a role for the site and forum – maybe that was it. So try it again, I was able to get them with his account. The templates are attached to the template topic.

Also – I’m aware this forum needs breadcrumbs, so we are working on it!

Posted : September 3, 2020 6:18 am
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

Hi Theresa,

I'm watching the video and wondering if there is a formula/pattern that tells me what size to cut my patches? I see the yardage and number of patches but your fabrics are cut to a nice size in the video . How can I do that?

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : September 3, 2020 11:18 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

if there is a formula/pattern that tells me what size to cut my patches

Hi Amy!

No, outside of actually measuring (no time for that!) that's where it just really takes a little patience. You will waste fabric. Pinning the piece, and folding over before sewing is the best way to determine if the piece will cover the area.

Hope that helps, [some!]😊

Posted : September 3, 2020 11:30 am
(@joyceh)

Are we just to do the paper piecing of the pumpkins this week, and the rest of the directions come next week?

Posted : September 3, 2020 12:05 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Yes, start with the pumpkins - we will get the rest in next week - since this is a challenge, we want to give the beginners a fair shot!

☺️

Posted : September 3, 2020 12:10 pm
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

One done! A very steep learning curve tonight:)  (and nevermind my stray threads ..)

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : September 3, 2020 2:51 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Beautiful Amy!! It was a curve for me too. After the first one - whaahoo, I had it! I like how the measurements are perfect - no seams to line up - it's easy to avoid a wonky block.

Posted : September 4, 2020 1:20 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

How is everyone coming along with their pumpkins? Any issues?

Posted : September 5, 2020 1:28 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

I've got my pumpkins finished! I'm thinking about putting some embroidery, a mouse or something fallish, anyone game for the extra step?

Paper Pieced Pumpkins

Posted : September 5, 2020 1:05 pm
(@ruth-lantis)

Is the video going to stay up a while.  I have not been able to start on mine.  My mother who lives with us fell, ended up in the hospital and then in rehab.

Posted : September 21, 2020 9:51 pm
Theresa reacted
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@ruth-lantis Hi Ruth!

I'm sorry about your mom! Is she healing well? We'll keep her in prayer.

Yes! I'm leaving the video up for everyone who has the pattern already. I'm also not going to close this section, so you can get help on it anytime you need it. 

Posted : September 22, 2020 8:06 am
(@ruth-lantis)

Thank you.  My mother is healing, just slow going. She is 92, so it is going to take a while.

Posted : October 13, 2020 9:09 pm
Theresa reacted
Share: