Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Showcase Your Pumpkin Patch Runner  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Theresa
(@annjoy)
Estimable Member Admin

Show off your runner by replying here! I'm excited to see what everyone has done. I'm not quite finished with my quilting and binding, so don't panic if you haven't gotten that far yet. You have until Tuesday to show what you've created!

Posted : 19/09/2020 7:55 am
Patti and Amy H liked
Sylvia Skinner
(@quilter1)

So I changed up the size on the border and the piece that makes the square. Not sure what you call that. Also the one rectangle. My trucks are 4" by 3". My grey border is 3" Same with the white piece. Of course they were trimmed to size. I just couldn't cut the truck or the words out. They were too pretty. I very much enjoyed this and now my family is asking for other things. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2020 5:24 am
Theresa liked
cmann8827
(@cmann8827)

Here is my table runner. This is the first time I have ever tried paper piecing. It was challenging. Lots of mistakes, but not too bad. Thanks for the challenge

Carolyn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 10:09 am
Jessica, Reni4bz, Patti and 2 people liked
Theresa
(@annjoy)
Estimable Member Admin

@cmann8827 It looks wonderful! It's been long time since I paper pieced. I love the bigger pieces and really liked how accurate the finished blocks were. All and all, I love this technique!

You did a great job!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 10:16 am
Amy H
(@amy-harter)
Active Member Registered

@cmann8827 It's beautiful! I love all your fabrics.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 9:13 pm
Amy H
(@amy-harter)
Active Member Registered

I'm almost finished- just need to quilt a little. I loved paper piecing!

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 9:15 pm
Sylvia Skinner, Reni4bz, Patti and 1 people liked
Theresa
(@annjoy)
Estimable Member Admin

@amy-harter Amy! It looks great! I just love the coziness it adds to your table.

I agree, this was a fun technique to learn. We have some more pattern ideas in mind. So easy to get it accurate. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2020 7:36 am
Patti
(@bessie123)
Eminent Member

Almost done! I've enjoyed making this, thank you. And I appreciated not having many points to match! The piece of fabric peeking out is the backing. It is hard to see, I think, but there is a pumpkin embroidery in those squares next to the 4-patches. I've decided not to bind this table runner so I will stitch and turn, then do some quilting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2020 10:55 pm
Amy H and Theresa liked
Theresa
(@annjoy)
Estimable Member Admin

@bessie123 That is so cute! I can see the pumpkins! Very nice, love it. Right, on the points! I simply loved the paper piecing for this, fun! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 7:56 am
Patti liked
Reni4bz
(@reni4bz)

I know I'm late for this table runner but I would like to make it. I can't seem to find the paper piece print out and fabric requirements. Could someone show mw where I could find this information?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 8:44 am
Theresa liked
Patti
(@bessie123)
Eminent Member

@annjoy Thank you! This was fun to work on. Looking forward to seeing what is next. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 8:56 am
Theresa liked
Patti
(@bessie123)
Eminent Member

@cmann8827 I think this looks nice! Good job. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 8:58 am
Theresa liked
Patti
(@bessie123)
Eminent Member

@amy-harter It's fun seeing this in a different color way. You did a nice job. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 9:00 am
Theresa liked
Theresa
(@annjoy)
Estimable Member Admin

@reni4bz Sure, go here:

https://joyoushome.com/community/playful-pumpkin-patch/

You'll see little paperclips in the construction topic and the template topic. That is pattern templates for paper piecing and then the instructions for constructing. Then, there is a paper piecing video showing how to use the templates 🙂 Does this help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 9:03 am
Reni4bz liked
Reni4bz
(@reni4bz)

@annjoyThank you.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 9:07 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: