Clear all

[Sticky] Showcase Your Pumpkin Patch Runner

15 Posts
5 Users
12 Likes
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Show off your runner by replying here! I'm excited to see what everyone has done. I'm not quite finished with my quilting and binding, so don't panic if you haven't gotten that far yet. You have until Tuesday to show what you've created!

Posted : September 19, 2020 7:55 am
Amy H reacted
(@quilter1)

So I changed up the size on the border and the piece that makes the square. Not sure what you call that. Also the one rectangle. My trucks are 4" by 3". My grey border is 3" Same with the white piece. Of course they were trimmed to size. I just couldn't cut the truck or the words out. They were too pretty. I very much enjoyed this and now my family is asking for other things. Lol

Posted : September 18, 2020 5:24 am
Theresa reacted
(@cmann8827)

Here is my table runner. This is the first time I have ever tried paper piecing. It was challenging. Lots of mistakes, but not too bad. Thanks for the challenge

Carolyn

Posted : September 20, 2020 10:09 am
Jessica, Amy H and Theresa reacted
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@cmann8827 It looks wonderful! It's been long time since I paper pieced. I love the bigger pieces and really liked how accurate the finished blocks were. All and all, I love this technique!

You did a great job!

Posted : September 20, 2020 10:16 am
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

@cmann8827 It's beautiful! I love all your fabrics.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : September 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Amy H
(@amy-harter)

I'm almost finished- just need to quilt a little. I loved paper piecing!

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. RLStevenson

Posted : September 20, 2020 9:15 pm
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@amy-harter Amy! It looks great! I just love the coziness it adds to your table.

I agree, this was a fun technique to learn. We have some more pattern ideas in mind. So easy to get it accurate. 

Posted : September 21, 2020 7:36 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@bessie123 That is so cute! I can see the pumpkins! Very nice, love it. Right, on the points! I simply loved the paper piecing for this, fun! 

Posted : September 22, 2020 7:56 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@reni4bz Sure, go here:

https://joyoushome.com/community/playful-pumpkin-patch/

You'll see little paperclips in the construction topic and the template topic. That is pattern templates for paper piecing and then the instructions for constructing. Then, there is a paper piecing video showing how to use the templates 🙂 Does this help?

Posted : September 22, 2020 9:03 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@reni4bz And also, this was a challenge, so the instructions aren't as complete as one of our normal patterns. But I do have a page of videos that show quilting techniques. And I'm not closing this topic in case anyone needs help.

Posted : September 22, 2020 9:16 am
(@cmann8827)

@bessie123 Hi I love your table runner. I particulary liked that you incorporated pumpkin material in the small squares

Posted : September 22, 2020 10:49 am
Theresa reacted
Jessica
(@jessica)
New Member Admin

@cmann8827 Yay! 👏👏 

Posted : September 23, 2020 9:44 am
Theresa reacted
Jessica
(@jessica)
New Member Admin

Love seeing the finished runners here! Yay! I’ll get a better finished picture of mine after I complete the quilting... but here’s a snap 

Posted : September 23, 2020 9:46 am
(@annjoy)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

@jessica will be beautiful on your table!

Look at Sammy in your pic... I love that baby...pls tell him to call this morning ;D

Posted : September 23, 2020 9:49 am
(@cmann8827)

@jessica Love it

Posted : September 23, 2020 10:14 am
Theresa reacted
Share: