Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies
What is better than cream cheese in a traditional cinnamon snickerdoodle? You’ll love these easy to make, soft cookies.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 6–8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. cream cheese extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 c. sparkling sugar
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together in a separate bowl – flour, spices, salt, cornstarch, cream of tarter and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar with a stand mixer or beaters until very fluffy.
- Add eggs and extract, and mix again.
- Add flour gradually, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or use a silicone liner.
- Mix together the sparkling sugar and cinnamon. Roll a ball about 1 1/2 TBSP., and then roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes and check. Cookie should be soft in the center, but not jiggle. Once it feels springy, take out and allow it to finish baking on the cookie sheet.
Keywords: cream cheese snickerdoodles, christmas cookies, easy to make cookies, cinnamon cookies