Who posts a 4th of July dessert the night before? Me of course. Since moving, I don’t have a lot of kitchen supplies unpacked to get fancy. I couldn’t even find my good spatula today.
So, this is a last-minute, fun one I came up with when I saw the Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake on the BOGO from Publix. Do you love Publix’s buy one get one free sale? I base my week’s activities on them. I’m crazed.
Here we go, so easy! I used a disposable 9″ x 13″ cake pan, two for our family. Just double this if you want two.
One Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake, as many blueberries for the ‘blue’, 1 small tub of strawberries sliced down the middle, 1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip, 4 oz. of cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. of powdered sugar (optional but yummy).
1. Wash and slice strawberries. Wash blueberries. Put aside.
2. Whip the cream cheese, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar (if using) together. While you have the Cool Whip open, make sure you drop some in your steaming java, a must.
3. Spread the yummy combo into your 9″ x 13″ cake pan. Yes, you can lick the spatula when you’re done. Don’t let the kids see you.
4. I arranged some blueberries first. You can pile them in the corner or line them up. With all the neatly arranged desserts I’ve seen lately, I decided to line them up. A pile is a good idea too.
5. Next, make a line of strawberries.
5. Pretty! Now the cake. I tried to cut the cake into cubes with the icing side showing, but really, don’t waste the cake. Any arrangement is yummy. You can even squeeze more pieces in if you want to. Slice and put under the berries.
6. Okay, you’re on to me now, I told you it was easy. The next row is strawberries, (I did opposite directions with the points of the berries since there was a gap and I wanted it even with the blue), then cake and strawberries. Oh pretty! The easiest dessert I’ve ever made. Let the children help. Just don’t give them the coffee with it. 😀 Enjoy friends!