Last updated on February 24th, 2019 at 11:00 am
Welcome to Free Book Friday!
We love geography. I especially love map work days with the children. For years, we have used Knowledge Quest Maps for our studies. I’ve never seen anything better. The maps are easy to use and coordinate with other history programs. (I did a review here!)
Today, Knowledge Quest Maps is giving away a copy of A Child’s Geography, Explore the Classical World, Volume III. We haven’t gotten to this volume yet, but if it’s anything like Vol. II, you will love it.
The chapters are broken up into sections:
- Readings – make sure to have an open atlas or globe, chapters are divided into sections
- Field Notes – an opportunity to tell about his or her discoveries. (Optional)
- Travel Logs – drawing maps and writing observations
- Bringing it Home – music, simple art projects, reading lists, poetry, and recipes to bring the country home
- Prayer Walk – specific prayer requests for each country. A good way to learn perhaps something you didn’t know or remember so you can ask the Lord to help them
This covers grades 1-6 and is a complete history and geography curriculum. A $34.95 value, softcover.
Joyous Home has used affiliate links for this post. See our disclosure.
Enter the Giveaway!
*Note — Your email address will only be used on our mailing list or given to the sponsor of the giveaway only, we do NOT sell or give out email addresses — ever. You will not be overloaded with newsletters from Joyous Notions. We send an average of 1–2 emails per week.
The giveaway ends Tuesday, April 8th at midnight | The winner will be announced here on Wednesday, April 9th and will be contacted via email.