Last updated on October 3rd, 2018 at 03:48 pm
We’ve finally made a great overnight breakfast casserole. I’m going to show you how to make amazing overnight french toast casserole that has a great combination of ingredients, and the secret to amazing is baguette bread. I’m not a fan of wet bread breakfast and the baguette bread is perfect to avoid that disaster.
Make Amazing Overnight French Toast CasserolePrint
Overnight Buttermilk French Toast Casserole Recipe
The baguette bread in this overnight breakfast recipe is the key to a yummier, firmer, french toast casserole in the morning.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 11 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 loaves baguette bread
- 15 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp espresso powder (optional – but it’s a nice kick!)
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp cold unsalted butter (blender optional – we cube the cold butter and mix with our hands)
- 2 1/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cut bread into cubes and spread evenly into a greased 9 x 13″ pan and 8 x 8″ pan. It’s important not to overload the bread in layers or the egg mixture will not be enough.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, milk, cream, espresso powder, turbinado sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the baguette bread, covering the top slightly. Cover and refrigerate overnight, at least 7 hours.
- Combine the butter, sugar, flour and sea salt. Mix with your hands until crumbly. Put in a ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator until the morning.
- In the morning, set the oven to 350 degrees. Take out the casserole and top evenly with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until all egg is cooked and it’s as crunchy as you like it.
Top with a bit of maple syrup and enjoy! We have a lot of wonderful breakfast recipes! Our Vanilla Bean Frappuccino will go wonderfully with this breakfast!
Enjoy this special treat!