Make Crockpot Apple Butter With Your Extra Harvest!
This is a beautiful little recipe for apple butter. It’s made in the crockpot, overnight preferred. It develops a rich taste that you’ll absolutely love!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Pints 1x
- 10 lbs medium apples – I used a combination of Granny Smith,Fuji
- 4 c. apple cider
- 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. lemon juice fresh
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 3 tsp. apple pie spice
- Set your crockpot to high. Peel and chop the apples into 2″ chunk, then add to your crockpot.
- Pour the apple cider over the apples.
- Add the sugar and spices on top of the apples.
- Put the lid on let cook for an hour, stir. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the crockpot to low and cook for another 8-12 hours. Stir occasionally. The last hour leave the lid off.
- Cool and run through a blender to smooth it up. You can process this in a water bath (see a canning guide) or just refrigerate in jars.
Try to mix the apple type – I think it made the taste tremendous! I cooked mine a little longer and thought for sure it would be strong in taste. Once it was blended and refrigerated, it was perfect.
Keywords: apple butter, crockpot apple butter