Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies | Hugs and Kisses Valentine Embroidery
Perfectly soft and frosted sugar cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Beat on high for about 2 minutes, until very light and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix again.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough 2 inches apart on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are firm and barely turning a golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the pan for 5 minutes. Remove and finish cooling.
For soft cookies, remove the cookies from the oven when the edges are firm and the tops look somewhat “dry”, but the cookie is still puffy in the center. Remove from the oven and let the cookies finish baking on the hot pan for about 5 minutes. This will finish baking the centers without over baking the cookies.
Keywords: sugar cookies, frosted cookies, Valentine's Day, embroidery